– Aren’t there too many blogs out there on similar topics?
5. Social Causes and non profit Fund Raising: It’s a ‘no brain’er’ that blogging and non profit industry go hand in hand. Blogging helps generate awareness and brings attention to the cause of the lesser known and the under privileged in our societies.
7. Keeping in touch with customers: Lastly use of blogs as a communication vehicle to reach customers with corporate vision, product info, customer support and marketing messages. E.g. Corporate blogs, affiliate blogs etc.
Some key Points to note
1. Blogs will be just one pillar and piece of the puzzle in the maze called the internet. Organizations and individuals will use blogging in conjunction with other social media tools like micro blogging, social networking, websites, podcasts etc to keep their message alive on the internet. Blogging as I call it will be the base station and all the rest being complimenting technologies
6. If you’re a young blogger and intend to keep a personal blog for a long period of time then I suggest you maintain time stamps and archives on the blog. Any change of opinions or thought process must be documented in newer posts you make. It’s ok to change opinions and show you have grown up but it’s important to document it so that people don’t judge your present character or capabilities by your opinions in the distant past. What you are today is not what you were necessarily before and everybody can accept that.